Published on 06.22.2021
Sigfox USA is looking for an Accounting Manager to support the company’s US CFO. The position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the General Ledger, including AP, AR, Month End Close. The position will also assist with sales & use tax filings and work to solve the increasingly complex accounting considerations facing a growing technology company.
- Lead the monthly close process, driving a timely schedule across the finance team and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, intercompany transactions, and consolidations in US GAAP & IFRS
- Team with the CFO to develop and improve efficient and scalable processes across general and technical accounting areas.
- Lead the process for quarterly reviews and annual audits, including working with outside auditors on accounting and reporting issues.
- Maintaining all internal controls and financial policies and procedures and develop new processes as deficiencies are identified.
- Review Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable invoices for appropriate coding and processing
- Responsible for timely filing of Company’s sales and use tax filings
- Prepare, review, and communicate to management findings related to technical accounting analyses.
- Work collaboratively with other teams across the business, such as Sales, Legal, Logistics and Network Engineering.
- Oversee / mentor small team of accounting staff (AP, AR / Billing)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. CPA and/or MBA is required
- 5+ years of experience, Prior public accounting / audit experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of technical accounting principles and practices, tax experience a plus
- A “Doer” - someone that is hands on and can make things happen
- Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals
- Excellent planning, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills
- Significant Excel experience required. Experience working with SAP a plus
- Experience working with IFRS
- Ability to think strategically about the future of the company and plan accordingly
- Inquisitive, bright, and energetic!
- Comfortable wearing all kinds of different hats
- Comfortable with degrees of ambiguity, rapid change, and competing priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Good interpersonal/communication skills and ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and 5 Paid Sick Days per year.
- 8 Hours Volunteer Time per Quarter
- Company Phone Plan or Monthly Reimbursement
- 100% Individual Company paid health insurance, dental and vision.
- 100% reimbursed Life & AD&D insurance (up to 2 times salary, maximum $400,000 coverage), short-term & long-term disability coverage.
- 401k retirement plan with 4% Company Match and 3 years full vesting schedule
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits FSA also offered.
Sigfox promotes inclusion and non-discrimination, and acts daily in favor of social mix, gender equality, senior citizens. As a learning organization and open minded on Diversity, Sigfox is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people and adapt their workplace. At Sigfox, we hire personalities above all!