Published on 10.20.2020
Network RF Planning & Operations Engineer
The RF Planning & Operations Engineer is accountable for defining the technical requirements and processes for the RF design, implementation, commissioning & customer acceptance of Sigfox IoT Network Coverage Solutions; i.e. macro, micro, mini, etc.
Key duties include leading projects at customer locations and, at times, involves significant hands-on activities. The incumbent will establish and enforce testing and performance standards that ensure compliance with contractual performance metrics and customer requirements. The RF Planning & Operations Engineer will collaborate with multiple Sigfox team members across various functional areas of engineering, deployment, sales & customer support.
- Use provided RF Planning tools to produce designs, and network coverage assessments, following sound engineering principles.
- Use RF principles and tools to monitor, analyse, troubleshoot & resolve network issues.
- Oversee the day-to-day network operations, performance, ticketing, escalations, and communications with internal departments and external customers.
- Provide hands-on management of technically complex installations, including performing installations at customer premises.
- Generate comprehensive data analysis of multiple sites and projects, such as: Site Data usage, Project cost & etc.
- Develop, update, and maintain the necessary processes and procedures to monitor the network, while working with other departments in the U.S. and Sigfox Corp.
- Track and manage engineering and operations projects, and prepare analyses reports.
- Ownership of the network Repair and Maintenance (R&M) plan and processes including vendor management and asset tracking.
- Ensure high quality standards for equipment installations and site operations, through creation, review, and approval of Close Out Packages (COPs) and random on-site checks.
- Management and quality control of site and planning databases, including deployment project management tools and databases.
- Support other members of the Network team contributing to the overall Network Build-out and Operations.
- Lead, develop, and mentor network employees and resources in the design, delivery and maintenance of Sigfox IoT Network.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS, PROFILE & MINDSET:
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident with a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or wireless communications engineering is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated SME in the U.S. wireless industry; network design and operations.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical and verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on and field work, preferably telecom and/or US carrier experience.
- Strong experience with system testing and troubleshooting.
- Strong RF technologies understanding such as LPWAN, 3G, 4G & 5G.
- Strong operational team lead who can effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Expert-level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Project); programming preferred.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks, respond to department requests, and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong planning skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, diligent and resourceful in achieving outstanding results.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Able to perform field work.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making.