Published on 03.26.2021
Service Reliability Engineer (SRE)
The SRE team at Sigfox is tasked with ensuring the stability and performance of our services, using Cloud innovatives technologies: Kubernetes, Ansible, Kafka, Mongo, Elastic, Public Cloud (AWS, GCP), etc...
While supporting a distributed platform, your main responsibility will be to aid feature teams to define their objectives of system resilience and performance, and help guide them toward a state of operational excellence.
As a distributed function, we’re heavily involved in defining global architecture roadmaps, as well as advancing a technology vision that will allow our teams to achieve their resiliency goals. As part of that mission, you’ll support our feature teams with incident management, technical training, architectural design decisions, as well as support product launches.
You'll also be in charge of the system monitoring efficiency, change en capacity management.
- Support our technical teams to be in full control of their services’ stability and performance
- Be a technical expert on our technology lifecycle, and know how to use that expertise to improve our methods and tools
- Ensure availability and performance of the platform within SLAs
- Increase integrated monitoring of our platform by integrating (and developing when needed) tools that are key to operating a micro-services architecture
- Participate in the production lifecycle (incident / change management / on call) and collaborate with the DevOps team on changes to our environment or architecture
- Take ownership of complex issues related to performance, reliability, and scalability, driving toward fast and replicable solutions
What we're looking for:
- 4-5 years of experience in a similar role, bonus points if you’ve been a software engineer in a past life
- Excellent communication skills, a penchant for leadership would be welcomed
- Strong service culture, customer oriented
- Cloud tech and related constraints are no secret for you (GCP and AWS)
- Solid experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible
- Willingness to work on-call rotation
- Good understanding of Zabbix/ Grafana / Prometheus / Cloudwatch
- Experience with system administration
- Languages: Bash, Go, Python
What we offer:
· Achievable but still challenging goals!!
· An amazing working conditions, designed for kindness and blossoming
· Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
· 44 Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
· An attractive remuneration package
· Remote friendly policy