Published on 03.31.2021
Site Acquisition Specialist - Telecom
As the Site Acquisition Specialist - Telecom, you are part of the USA IoT Network deployment team, and you report to the Network Vice President.
The Site Acquisition Specialist is required to have a working knowledge and experience working on wireless telecommunications projects including, but not limited to, site selection, lease negotiations with tower companies and property owners to secure and finalize license and lease agreements, amendments to existing agreements, as well as coordinating environmental, regulatory and municipal approvals.
This position has project and vendor management responsibilities for the development and modification of wireless telecom facilities. You are expected to work largely unsupervised and, effectively, prioritize multiple competing projects.
In more details :
- Hands-on experience with managing the full entitlement lifecycle of wireless telecommunications projects including, but not limited to: site selection, preparing SCIP packages, lease negotiations, coordinating environmental and regulatory approvals, securing municipal approvals and permits.
- Close interaction and coordination with the project team, including RF engineering, tower companies, A&E vendors and Construction representatives, will be required to ensure that the selected sites meet the engineering, zoning and construction requirements.
- Prepare and submit landlord and tower company applications.
- Negotiate, implement and manage contractual license agreements with tower and host owners to assure timely and effective delivery of landlord notice to proceed – NTP.
- Evaluate, select, contract and manage the site acquisition vendor partners throughout the site acquisition process, including review and approval of A&E deliverables.
- Provide due diligence documentation for all sites, as required during financing and/or acquisition activity.
- Coordinate with accounting staff to record payments of tower rental fees and reconcile the monthly balances during the close cycles.
- Accountable for meeting project deadlines and maintaining quality control of project deliverables.
- Uploads documents per specifications and manages document control as required.
- Resolves leasing, zoning and permitting issues.
- Accurate daily and weekly reporting to the internal management team.
- Communicates, verbally and in writing, with landlords to resolve any disputes or clarify lease interpretations.
- Research and evaluate portfolios to identify cost-effective and fast to deploy hosting assets.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. If you’re someone who refuses to settle for ‘good enough’ and believes in achieving the impossible, then we want you.
- An opportunity for your creativity and problem solving to thrive.
- You get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people in the industry.
- Dynamic and diverse environment with free coffee and the occasional “healthy” snacks!
What are we looking for?
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks, respond to department requests, and collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve amazing results.
- Enthusiastic, diligent and resourceful in achieving outstanding results.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- PMP certification or project management experience is preferred
- Two or more years of work experience in telecommunications industry site acquisition, real estate leasing, or property management.
- Solid experience with all aspects of wireless network deployment in the tower industry including: knowledge of tower citing, engineering, leasing, permitting, zoning, regulatory compliance and construction.
- Proven record of successful national wireless networks deployment is desirable.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, oral/written communications skills, and organizational skills.
- Must have knowledge of legal and financial terms and ability to read and interpret site leases and vendor contracts.
- Experience managing a variety of vendors and teams, driving to deliverables and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to details and accuracy in all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to analyse and define problems, prioritize workflow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.